Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Fully Rely on God

I am hoping every day to do this, in everything I do.

I'm so amazed at the way the Lord works all around us.

Looking into a microscope and glimpsing wonders beyond what we normally see, shows me how great God is. He created stuff that the naked eye can't see, for His own sheer pleasure.

How did He create language for instance? After studying phonics and grammar, and seeing some of the 'roots' of our language is again getting out the magnifying glass on what God has created, revealing how intricate and wonderfully it has been put together. WOW. Only God could work out how the giant puzzle of languages fits together.

This gives me hope. It helps me realise that God is interested in our lives and the minute details going on within our hearts and minds. Thank you Lord.

I have just finished reading Treasures of the Snow to my 6yo dd. The author, Patricia M St John prompts the reader to open their door to God - or rather open up their lives to Him. I love the book, as it gets into heart issues and is especially encouraging little ones to make a commitment to the Lord.

My daughter said yesterday that her teacher really cares for her class, because she said if anyone would like to open their hearts to Jesus, who hasn't yet, then please come and see her and she would pray with them. My daughter came home and made a card which has on the cover...

I opin my dor for you Jesus

And on the inside...

Dere God I pray that in wat eva I do I mak you happy amen.
I Love you so much Jesus. I opin my dor for you Jesus.

I am so thankful. I asked her if she had recently opened her 'door' to Jesus, and she said, no, that she did about a year ago, and that she opens it every day to Him.

This same teacher encouraged all the parents to pray for our children, because prayer does work!

And again yesterday, a lovely home schooling mother phoned and reminded me that it was the Lord who was responsible for the children's education. I need to rest in Him, that He has it all worked out down to the intricate details.

Trust and obey Him. And pray. Because prayer DOES work! Pray, pray, and pray some more!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for reminding me to read Treasures of the Snow to Jemimah very soon! Lovely books...

    ReplyDelete